Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Living on the Edge

So, my dear friend and overseas missionary lives in a place where your daily safety is constantly threatened. Recently, the U.S. Embassy even pulled out all their workers due to an "eminent threat". How did she respond to this? By leaning on the Everlasting Arms, keeping her focus on the Only One who can keep her safe, and by not being paralyzed by fear....or, as she put it, "life has to go on". It's easy to talk about, read about, and even say, that yes, of course I "trust" in God. But it's much different when trusting in God means trusting that the ferry won't blow-up while you're on it, trusting that you won't get mugged on your way home from the market, trusting in the Sovereign and Good God to protect you every minute of every day! Trust like that forces you to live on your knees- before the Throne of heaven...where we should all be anyways. This is what I call "Living on the Edge". The edge of comfort, predictability, security, normalcy. On the edge, meaning, you don't know what is on the other side, but you trust in Christ to keep you through it. Or, as the Psalmist said, "Yea, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me." Why do we fear no evil even when death looms all around us? Because "You are with me". Who is with me? The Creator of the universe, the Lover of my soul, the King of all kings, the Good Shepherd, my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!