Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Danger....


I enjoy baking, it's my hobby. It's a place I can be creative and messy, and most importantly, see instant results! I think I finally perfected my recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins. But beware, though they sound healthy (and are, relatively speaking), I don't think they count as healthy if you eat them like I do! :)

Whip:
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. applesauce (unsweetened)
3/4 c. butter (yummm!)

Add:
2 c. flour (whole-wheat if you want a healthier muffin)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. sugar
(if you want healthier muffins, add 1/4 c. Flax Seed or Wheat Germ in here, though it'll make the muffins heavier and not as fluffy)

Stir in:
Either 1/2 c. craisins OR 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips

Fill muffin liners 3/4 full and Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These sound really yummy. Maybe I will try making them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word ... AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!